Thursday, May 1, 2008

National Day of Prayer

Today is National Day of Prayer and we are celebrating it at school as we do every year. You know it is so easy for me to take prayer for granted. I don't always think of how much of a gift it is and sometimes I even shamefully dread doing it, unless I really need something from God. But prayer is powerful and should not be taken for granted or pushed aside like a chore.

It amazes me to think that God can hear me whenever and wherever I am. He has provided us a way to communicate with him through prayer. I find that I pray here and there throughout my day...but sometimes completely take for granted this amazing gift and privilege. God wants to hear from us and spend time with us.

I am doing a Bible Study right now called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World and it talks about having "Living room intimacy" with God. I love that term! It reminds me that daily I need to just calm down and enter the "living room" and have some good quality time with my Father in Prayer, Worship, and the Word! Think about how comfortable and cozy you feel in your living room. It is inviting and comforting. So now when I have my quiet time in the day...I enter into my "Living room Intimacy" with God and we just hang out a good while and catch up, like good friends

I praise God that He loves us enough to want to spend time with us...to wait for us....to call us to Him. Thank you Lord for the privilege to pray. You hear every thought...every word and you really care! Wow!

It is a blessing that we live in a nation that allows us to have a National Day of Prayer! Let's not take it for granted!

1 comments:

Jamie Mullins said...

Amen sister! We serve an awesome God!!