Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where for art thou Fall?

Seriously, I have been having the Fall itch for about a month now. I am ready to burn a pumpkin scented candle, hang my wreath on my door, make some fall crafts, sit outside in the cool weather, decorate some pumpkins ( I am thinking mod podge this year), drink HOT chai and not sweat and bask in God's beauty in everything FALL!!! I am a little obsessed with this time of year. It just makes me giddy! Well, technically the first day of Fall isn't until September 22, so in the mean time I am gathering up lots of ideas on how to spend my craft budget and yummy smelling/tasting things I can make. I ran across this recipe on another blog and I MUST try this! I love pumpkin!




Pumpkin Roll


This reminds me of Thanksgiving. I don't like Pumpkin Pie, so this is always my dessert of choice! And it is so easy!

3 eggs

1 cup sugar

2/3 cup canned pumpkin

1 teaspoon lemon juice

3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon ginger

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon salt


Beat the eggs and sugar for 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Bake at 375 on a greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. On a dish towel line heavily with powder sugar. Remove pumpkin roll from pan and put on the dish towel. On one of the shorter ends, roll with the towel and let cool.


Filling

1 cup powder sugar

8 oz cream cheese-softened

4 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix well.


Once the pumpkin roll is cooled, unroll, and spread evenly with filling. Roll back up (without the towel). Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge before serving.

1 comments:

Englehart's said...

You would LOVE it up here right now. It stays in the 70s and there is a constant breeze....Sooooooo ya'll need to come up :) Miss you!