Thursday, November 20, 2008

"THANKS"giving

Today my class dressed up like Indians and had a delicious feast. I LOVE Thanksgiving food!!! The kids look adorable and I, well....look like a bag lady. I am wearing an Indian dress that is 3 sizes too big and tightened with a belt which sits under my chest that looks like cantaloupes. Good grief...I am scared to see how big these things are going to get. However my hair is braided real cute and I am actually wearing enough make-up today to look alive (I don't think I've done that in a while).

This week I have been reading the story of the first Thanksgiving to my kids and we have talked about how thankful we are and what we are thankful for. So many times I forget to just stop and tell God "Thank You" for the things I take for granted. HE has provided for me and blessed me in more ways than I even recognize. It's easy to say "thank you" for the BIG things, but what about the little things that we assume are of the norm?

One of the really neat things we did this year was make a thankful tablecloth. Each child in the school was given a leaf and they wrote 1 thing they were thankful for on it. The leaves were all glued onto the tablecloth and it is hanging in the hall. It's so neat to look at all of the leaves and read how good and faithful God is.

I think I might do this with my family this year in some form. It's easy to just fill up on some good eats, watch some football and take a nap, but do we really take the time to meditate on and share what we are thankful for and give God the glory and "Thanks" for it? Granted it's not all about Thanksgiving, we should be that thankful everyday, but it's a good reminder.

So what are YOU thankful for?

0 comments: